Cham Cham Recipe | Super Easy Sweet for Diwali
What exactly we have to prepare?
We have to prepare chenna and with that something like rasgulla and with that we have to make khoya stuffing, In last have to assemble them and give it a shape of Cham Cham.
Ingredients that we need for this Cham Cham Recipe
- 6 cups cows milk full cream
- 4 tbsp vinegar or lemon juice
- 2 tbsp maida / plain flour optional
- 3 cup sugar
- 16 cups water
- 4 pods cardamom / elachi
- 2 tsp ghee / clarified butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 tbsp cream optional
- 1 cup milk powder
- 4 tbsp saffron milk (optional)
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
Steps to make Cham Cham
firstly, prepare chenna by curdling milk. drain completely.
- boil milk in a deep pan.
- Now squeeze lemon in a small bowl and extract its all juice. After this recipe you can also see How to Squeeze Lemon To its Last Drop!!
- After that put lemon juice in boiling milk. Just in seconds you can see its reaction and paneer start separating from milk. Now keep it on flame till whole paneer (solid part) separates.
You can see white paneer and translucent yellow water in pan at that time whole paneer get extracted from milk. (some time one lemon is not sufficient because of vary amount of lemon juice, so at that time you can add more lemon juice in it.)
- Filter the paneer in a muslin cotton cloth (malmal). Like this you get all of your paneer filtered and separated from milk.
- Now keep paneer in cloth only and wash it in fresh water so that smell of lemon get vanished from it, as we don’t want our sweet rasgualla smell like sour lemons.
- Make a knot on muslin cloth (malmal) in which we have paneer and hang it on a tap or nail or anywhere you want for 30 minutes. Like this rest of all water content get separated from paneer.
after 30 minutes, start to knead the paneer for 8 minutes.
Then add maida and combine well.
make small oval balls of paneer. They should be like cylindrical shapes.
- Now lets prepare sugar syrup, for that take sugar & water in a deep pan, mix them and boil for 10 minutes on medium flame. Also put cardamon in it.
After that boil chenna balls in it for 15 minutes. Cover that pan with a lid.
Now cools them completely.
- Till then lets prepare khoya stuffing
For that heat up ghee in pan, add milk to it, after that add milk powder & cream to it. Thickens it on low flame. After that add saffron milk to it.
Once it starts thickening add sugar powder to it. Cook it till it separates from pan. Finally let it cool completely.
Now lets assemble them, take paneer balls out of sugar syrup.
Make a cut in its centre & stuff khoya in it.
You can garnish it with coconut powder & dry fruits.