Gajar Ki Barfi | Gajar Pak for Diwali
Below Press “2” or “View all” To Read Gajar ki barfi recipe
- Carrot- 1kg
- Khoya/ Mawa- 250gm
- Desi Ghee- 1.5tbs
- Sugar- 150gm
- Cardamom powder (elaichi) – 1/2 spoon
- Almonds- 25gm
- Cashew- 25gm
- Milk – 100ml
- Firstly put 1 tsp of desi ghee (solid) in pressure cooker and heat it up.
- After that add grated carrot to it and cook it for 2 minutes. Now add milk to it.
- Close the cooker and cook it till 1 whistle on high flame.
- After that off the flame and let cooker close till its flame release out.
- Now transfer all carrot in a pan and cook to dry its juice and milk we added. Stir it in between so that it will not stick to pan.
- After its moisture get dry add sugar and cardamom powder to it.
- Sugar will melt while cooking so let its water gets dry and after that add khoya/mawa to it.
- Mix them well and cook them till mixture turn thick as for barfi we need dry material than gajar ka halwa. Cook them for around 10 minutes
- After that transfer whole material to a container in which it can set. Keep its height around 1/2 to 3/4 inch. Sprinkle chopped almonds & pista over it.
- Let it cool & set for 4-5 hours, you can also set it in refrigerator.
- Then cut them in square or diamond shape, serve this special sweet on special occasions.
You can store it in refrigerator for 4-5 days