Gajar Ki Barfi | Gajar Pak for Diwali
Diwali is on the way and we all are too excited for the day. Diwali is actually the best festival which comes on best time of the year.
As per Hindu Calendar Whole month of Kartik is divine.
So to make this month more joyful we have lots of festivals like karva chauth, govardhan, diwali, gopaashtami, damodar leela and many more.
Now how can our festivals will go just like that without any Meetha 😀
So to celebrate these festivals I am sharing number of recipes and one of my favorite is Gajar ki Barfi.
Gajar ki barfi is really delicious and if you like gajar ka halwa then this you will surely love This Gajar ki Barfi
Below Press “2” or “View all” to read Gajar Barfi Recipe
Below Press “2” or “View all” To Read Gajar ki barfi recipe
- Carrot- 1kg
- Khoya/ Mawa- 250gm
- Desi Ghee- 1.5tbs
- Sugar- 150gm
- Cardamom powder (elaichi) – 1/2 spoon
- Almonds- 25gm
- Cashew- 25gm
- Milk – 100ml
- Firstly put 1 tsp of desi ghee (solid) in pressure cooker and heat it up.
- After that add grated carrot to it and cook it for 2 minutes. Now add milk to it.
- Close the cooker and cook it till 1 whistle on high flame.
- After that off the flame and let cooker close till its flame release out.
- Now transfer all carrot in a pan and cook to dry its juice and milk we added. Stir it in between so that it will not stick to pan.
- After its moisture get dry add sugar and cardamom powder to it.
- Sugar will melt while cooking so let its water gets dry and after that add khoya/mawa to it.
- Mix them well and cook them till mixture turn thick as for barfi we need dry material than gajar ka halwa. Cook them for around 10 minutes
- After that transfer whole material to a container in which it can set. Keep its height around 1/2 to 3/4 inch. Sprinkle chopped almonds & pista over it.
- Let it cool & set for 4-5 hours, you can also set it in refrigerator.
- Then cut them in square or diamond shape, serve this special sweet on special occasions.
You can store it in refrigerator for 4-5 days