Vrat Wala Samak Rice Dhokla for Navratri
Here are steps to make Vrat wala Samak Dhokla
- Firstly roast samak rice little, don’t turn them brown.
- Now mix all ingredients, samak k chawal, khatti dahi, ginger paste, green chilli paste and sendha namak. Leave it for overnight to get ferment. It will turn little spongy.
- After this grease a tin container with ghee, and transfer whole batter into it.
- Now steam it in a steamer just like you do for besan dhokla. Cook it for 20 minutes. If you don’t have steamer or container, then you can also make it in idli stand, it will give your dhokla an idli shape.
- For tadka heat up oil or ghee in a tadka pan, add jeera, red chilli & curry leaves to it. Pour it over dhokla.
- Garnish it with grated coconut and chopped coriander. Some don’t consume coriander in vrat, then you can also skip it.
- Cut dhokla in square pieces, Offer it to god & Here our Vrat dhokla is ready 🙂