Vrat Wala Samak Rice Dhokla for Navratri
Today I will share a Navratri special recipe with you all, and that is Samak Ka Dhokla. Yes this samak k chawal ka dhokla is something new and you will love it more than besan dhokla.
During navratri days there are several things that you can’t eat and some with you can. Samak rice is one of the essentials which can be consumed during navratri, so what I dis is, that I turned samak into Dhokla.
My family loves this unique Navratri dish. If you are on 9 days fast and want something different in your meal, then surely try this Samak ka dhokla.
Here what you all need to
- 3/4 Cup Samak ke chawal
- 1 Cup Khatti Dahi
- 1 tsp Ginger paste
- To taste Green chillies paste
- 1 tsp Sendha namak
- 2 tsp Oil
- 2 Whole dry red peppers
- 6-7 Curry leaves
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds (optional)
- For garnishing Coconut (grated) and fresh coriander (chopped)
Below Press “2” or “View all” to read Recipe of Vrat Samak Dhokla
Here are steps to make Vrat wala Samak Dhokla
- Firstly roast samak rice little, don’t turn them brown.
- Now mix all ingredients, samak k chawal, khatti dahi, ginger paste, green chilli paste and sendha namak. Leave it for overnight to get ferment. It will turn little spongy.
- After this grease a tin container with ghee, and transfer whole batter into it.
- Now steam it in a steamer just like you do for besan dhokla. Cook it for 20 minutes. If you don’t have steamer or container, then you can also make it in idli stand, it will give your dhokla an idli shape.
- For tadka heat up oil or ghee in a tadka pan, add jeera, red chilli & curry leaves to it. Pour it over dhokla.
- Garnish it with grated coconut and chopped coriander. Some don’t consume coriander in vrat, then you can also skip it.
- Cut dhokla in square pieces, Offer it to god & Here our Vrat dhokla is ready 🙂